We Are Safely Open for In-person Classes!
The Monrovia Community Adult School is following Center for Disease Control, and California and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (DPH) guidelines for re-opening our campus for in-person classes. The foundational principle of the CDC, California, and County guidance is “students benefit from in-person learning, and safely returning to in-person instruction in the fall 2021 is a priority.” California guidelines explain, “Recent evidence indicates that in-person instruction can occur safely without minimum physical distancing requirements when other mitigation strategies (e.g., masking) are fully implemented.” Links to state and CDC guidelines are below:
Monrovia Community Adult School Safety Measures
Monrovia Community Adult School and Monrovia Unified School District are committed to the safety of all MCAS students and staff. The school is following all California and Los Angeles County required procedures for the reopening of schools. Additionally, MCAS is implementing the following mitigation protocols recommended by the County:
1. All individuals enter the MCAS building must wear a mask at all times.
2. Students and staff are asked to wash hands frequently following CDC guidelines for handwashing.
3. Hand sanitizers are located throughout the campus and we request students and staff use them frequently.
4. The MCAS campus HVAC system uses filtration with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) of 14.
5. All classrooms are outfitted with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration systems.
6. All high traffic areas such as door handles and restrooms are sanitized every 2-3 hours.
7. MCAS requires all staff who have any symptoms of a cold to stay home and we ask the same of our students.
Monrovia Community Adult School Mission Statement
The Monrovia Community Adult School empowers its diverse student population to succeed in a changing society through a variety of flexible, accessible and affordable educational programs.